What I’d like you all to do is view the photos from this wedding I attending in June 2011. There are some really telling photos in this set. Pick out a picture that interests you. Look deep into the picture. Here are some links about sociology and photography, some great and some not as great:
- From the United Kingdom http://lucy.ukc.ac.uk/becker.html
- Steve Gold from MSU
- More from Steve Gold at MSU
- Want more from #spartannation check here with MSU online library
- Gold, Steven J. 1994. “Israeli Immigrants in the United States: The Question of Community”, Qualitative Sociology, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 325-363.
- Gold, Steven J. 1995a. “New York/LA. A Visual Comparison of Public Life in Two Cities”, Visual Sociology, Vol. 10, No. 1-2, pp. 85-105.
- Gold, Steven J. 1995b. “Shooting Scripts, Style Scripts and Photographic Depictions of Recent Immigrants in Los Angeles:”, paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the International Visual Sociology Association, Windsor, Ontario, Jury, 1995.
- A very meager visual sociology blog
What I want you to do is…
In the comments section of this web page, you can either cite and discuss a picture right in the set or you can upload your own picture. I strongly encourage you do either or both. To upload a photo, just follow the directions in the comments section. Talk a little about your photo. And, please students, comment on other photos that are posted. I want this to be an open discussion. It doesn’t benefit anybody if I am just talking to myself!
Cite a photo (#) and talk about it specifically in the comments
Post your own picture about “Union Formation” – trust yourself, you will do fantastic work!
Here are some videos, too, if you want to comment on the videos/audio. Thanks!
You’re in luck! Another video…
Amazing! Three videos on YouTube. I’m almost as cool as Tosh.O